Saturday 26 March 2011

My first attempt at caffenol.

Today I tried processing with caffenol for the first time. In fact, this was my first time processing film with anything. I loaded a roll of Fuji Superia X-tra 400 (C-41 colour film). I developed for 11:32 minutes at 23 degrees Celsius (I used a temp/time converter built into the "Massive Dev Chart" app on my Ipod Touch.) The negatives are drying now, and I will post the photos after scanning.

Recipe:
350ml Water
5tsp Coffee
3x 1/2 tsp Washing Soda
1/2 tsp Vitamin C

Develop for 16 minutes @ 20 Celsius
Agitate for first minute, then 3 times per minuter thereafter
1x Stop bath (vinegar diluted 1:4) 6 agitations
2x Rinse bathes with plain water, 6 agitations

I used Agfa AgeFix fixer diluted 1:7 for 6:30 mins

Then

Fill, agitate 3x
Refill agitate 6x
Refill agitiate 12x
Refill agitate slowly 24x with soapy water

All done!
Negatives drying

No comments:

Post a Comment