Monday 2 May 2011

Caffenol with Tea

It's been ages since I posted on this blog, so I think it's time I got moving again. In my "caffenol experiment" I have been working on lately (and finished) I compared Caffenol (using coffee), Caffenol (using tea) and Ilford ID-11. I shot 18 exposures of the same thing, on a tripod, same exposure etc. I cut the film into strips in the darkroom, and processed them in their respective developers. I won't be going into the full results today, however I will reveal the results for tea. I was actually quite surprised it worked, though the developer is clearly very weak and it is possible it will never work properly at all, no matter how much time you give it in the tank. Here is the shot. Note the disgusting particles on the scan, possibly dust, more likely tea. The tea was developed for 9 minutes at 20 celsius and agitated 10 times per minute. Film was Ilford HP5+

Very crap indeed. Could possibly be improved, though using 7 tea bags of my favourite tea hurts enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment